Tuesday 23 August 2016

Drains to Harbour Field Trip to Hodges Park



When I reached Hodges Park, I wanted to catch bugs.
First, we did the clarity teast. It looked fun because we had
to see if the water was clear or not.
We filled the plastic see-through tube up with water from the stream. 
Next we put the magnet inside and we screwed the lid on. 
Harriet slid the magnet along the tube.
Charli and Hannah looked through the tube until they couldn’t see 
the magnet any more.
harroet looked at the numbers on the tube outside. It was 82cm.
That means the water was clear.

My team and Kaea caught a fresh water crayfish and a snail.
I went to the stream with the net. I lifted a rock. It super slippery.
I found another fresh water crayfish but it escaped by using its pincers to
snap the rope.

We found out that the stream was healthy.


By Ethan

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Pod 7 and Ethan. My name is Becks and I do some work with your teachers helping them with blogs. It sounds like you had a good time at the stream. What a clever crayfish to use it's pincers to snap the rope to escape. Were you happy enough catching a snail and a fresh water crayfish Ethan, or did you want to catch more bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becks I am pleased you liked reading about pod 7's trip to Hodges Park. Our pod caught lots of different creatures by taking a kick sample using the nets. Some of the creatures were mayfly and dragonflies and wooden cased caddisfiles, and we found some worms too. We learnt that most of these creatures can only live in healthy water.
    From Ethan
    \]'[;;;'' hy water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ethan Ashton here
    82 cm for the clarity test is clear, although I heard Aston saw right to 100cm! How many mayflies did you catch?
    did you enjoy the time you had at hodges park?
    Ashton pod 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Ethan
    You have used interesting verbs,especially reached, see-through & screwed. I like the way you used the correct names of the stream creatures and used lots of wow words. Did you get a turn to look through the clarity tube?
    From Peyton and Honey, Pod 7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Ethan
    I liked your writing about drains to harbour its so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ethan you have done a good job of this
    its perfect well done:]

    ReplyDelete