Tuesday 28 June 2016

Pod 7's "Playing Hard"  Writing




Earlier this term we were lucky to have the coaches from Northland Rugby come to school to give us some coaching on Rippa Rugby.

Following this, some students were able to attend a Rippa Rugby tournament day at Kensington Park, where they had a great time.

Following this we studied a model text, excerpts from "Beans" by Patricia Grace.
We wrote our own paragraphs with the following criteria:
I have:

  • written a paragraph about playing hard
  • not used the actual words "playing hard"
  • included actions that show I was really "going for it"
  • included a listing sentence
  • included how I feel about the experience (reflections)
We hope you enjoy our paragraphs


I couIdn’t wait to get on the turf. It was cold and foggy. It was time to go one the turf . 
We were playing against Kamo primary. They were pretty challenging. 

When we got on the turf, I was wing, the same as Hannah .  I ran up and passed the ball. But Sam got the ball. The other team  took  the ball and ran with it. But I ran behind them. Hannah got the ball and smashed it in the goal. I passed to Sam and  she scored  a goal.
I got subbed. I  hate being  sub. It takes all the fun away. I  couIdn’t wait to go back on the turf. I was goalie. I love being goalie. I’m the one who gets the  best runs. Sometimes I’m good at defence. I LOVE HOCKEY .

by Zoe

We played hard
As I was runing down the sideline, bang! I got a try.
Everyone was jumping on me.I  ran back. I ripped the tag off DJ. just before he got the try.
Shana ran down the field. She side stepped the boy who wanted to rip the tag. Cohen gave the ball to Shana.
She got two tries.
The game was over.
’’We won!’‘said Luke. “We! won! we! won!” We ran off the field like crazy.
We had won all of our games. Now we have to play Hika in half an hour.

by Casey

                       Playing hard

Here we go...the whistle blows. It feels good when that ball comes to me. I rip, step, run, pass, dummy, everything. I love it when I touch that  ball down on the grass. Look! I see a gap. I pass back and I call loudly. 
I go for it, even when I get muddy because that makes me stronger. I chase the ball like cat and mouse. What I think I do.

By Tāne

I was at soccer in the wind and dodged the other players.
 I fell over a few times but I got back up into the game and didn’t cry. 
We lost but I was still happy because I got player of the day. And in the end, I was really working hard.


By Ella

I jump and dodge the ball. Two people left. Everyone goes for me. I run and jump but I get hit. I grab the ball. I sprint and throw. I just tagged them on the leg with the ball.
We restart.
I go in and my legs are kicking deadly.Two people out and two left, including me.
Someone hits me too, but someone else chases my other teammate and they get hit just before me.
I win, “Yay!”

by Dallas


I know that if I don't get included I'm not going to have a fun time.                                                      

I rip, step, squash the worms, sprint, and score a try. I get stuck into it all the time. I keep on going! No matter what -nothing will stop me from getting to the try line. My tag always gets ripped!

I've had a fun time.

Ashton

Playing Hard 
While I was getting my tags on, I got nervous. My buddy said, “I can’t wait for your turn.” Just then I heard a voice saying my name so I went on. 
I ripped, ran, tripped and had fun. The next game was at 11.30a.m. I got excited. Then the game began. This time I wasn’t a sub. I like it when I’m not a sub.

The last game was at 1.30.pm. When the game was going I got a bad stitch. But I tried, and I got through it.

By Isabella

I kicked the ball. 
I ran as fast as I could. I was holding the ball but
someone ripped off my tag. I ran and ripped their tag
off. I ran to get the ball off the people on my team.
I got all muddy.
I cleaned myself before I went on the bus.
We went back to school.


By Honey

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ashton I really liked your listing sentence. It sounds like you had a good time at rippa rugby. Did you get a stitch there?
    Zoe and Isabella pod 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ashton I really liked your listing sentence. It sounds like you had a good time at rippa rugby. Did you get a stitch there?
    Zoe & Isabella pod 7

    ReplyDelete