Monday 21 November 2016

Pod 7's Writing responses to "Iguana vs Snakes.



    Iguana vs snakes 

It was a lovely day until “snap!”
 I ran as fast as I could on the sharp shells. Through the slippery rocks.
“ Oh no!”  The slimy snakes tangled  around me. 
Finally I escaped back up the rocks.
 I tried and tried to get up on the cliff but my claws were slipping.
Fortunately I made it safe and sound.

By Gemma


 IGUANA VS SNAKES

Noticing a snake slithering around me, I was nervous. 
The second snake went for the attack. I ran for my life. It was depending on me. I zapped desperately through the 
sand. I crashed into snakes constricting me. I escaped 
by leaping over a little ravine. Sprinting up a hill, I was safe
home.


by Kadin     

          Iguana vs snakes

A snake quivers then slowly slithers 
after the iguana.
The snake jumped onto the iguana.The iguana sped off. Some more snakes approached. One snake bounded over another snake. The iguana got trapped by a ball of twisting snakes.The iguana used his legs to run fast. A snake used its power to try and kill the iguana.The snake climbed some rocks, using the powerful muscles in its body.

Finally the iguana reached the top. It grabbed onto a strong rock and pulled its legs up. It was safe. The snake  stopped. It was not able to touch the high rock so it slowly slid back down and hid under the rocks, waiting silently for its next feast.

By Kaea


Iguana vs Snakes

Snake circles the lguana as he goes deeper. The lguana does not see the snake as it camouflages in the rocks.
TAP! TAP! The lguana sprints to safety.

Snake’s friends sprint out of the rocks and try to catch him. He sneaks out and bounces up the rock. Snake grabs for his tail, but lguana’s tail slides out like a pro. He sprints to a deep hole, almost falling into it, but his skills lift him out.
He sprints as fast as any lguana could. He bounces up as the snakes try to climb up after him. 

The lguana is safely home with his mother and rest of his family.

By Dallas


                 Iguana vs Snakes

 CHOMP!!! The gigantic snake  bit me. 
“Ouch.”
  There were nearly 300 deadly snakes chasing after me.
  I was running for my life. I ran furiously along
  the beach. 
“Oh no.” I thought. “They’re catching up!”
  About twenty vicious snakes surrounded me, hoping that I wouldn’t  be able to get out. 
Sliding and struggling, I finally pushed my way out of their deadly grip. 
I leaped onto the rocks and jumped over a deep crack. 
Finally I found safety and I was so glad I never saw the snakes again. 

By Dillan

Iguana vs snakes
I`m standing as still as the stones beneath me.
 Ok, the snakes are gone.
“Ow! Now I’m sprinting with snakes attacking me. 
I am caught!  
Struggling  with all my might I escape from the
constricting slithering ball of snakes. Climbing with all my strength, I jump with my legs reaching out like a grappling hook.
 I have made it home.

by Ethan





                     

11 comments:

  1. Wow - what amazing writing. I just love the exciting action verbs you have all used to build up lots of suspense and imagery. I could imagine that I was there with the snakes and iguana. Keep up the amazing work.
    Mrs E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pod 7, I loved reading your exciting writing about the iguana that is being chased by the snakes. I think you have used some powerful verbs. I really liked "sliding and struggling". Using the adjectives "deadly" and "constricting"is very effective. I think you have used adverbs such as "desperately", "furiously" and "silently" very well to give your writing a sense of urgency. I could clearly picture the iguana, running for its life, when I read it. The simile about "legs reaching out like a grappling hook" is excellent. Keep up the great writing, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwee! Gemma,
    I loved the words Sharp, snap, slippery, slimy, tangled, slipping and fortunately.
    I loved how you did NOT use "escaped" twice because the Iguana first escaped the snake that tangled him up in a big cuddle (cuddle is from Peyton's writing that I suggest.) and then the whole den of snakes!
    Yours sincerely,
    Aston.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwee! Kadin,
    I loved the words noticing, slithering, noticing, nervous, depending, zapped, ravine, sprinting. And the phrases "went for the attack," "jumped over a little ravine" and "ran for my life."
    Did you actually know what constricting meant, because I saw it in the thesaurus!!? Busted!! You should know that you need to know and advanced sentence of what the word means before you can write it in your writing!
    yours sincerely,
    Aston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Kaea, (does that rhyme?)
    I love the words quivered, slithered, approached, sped, bounded, trapped and twisting!
    Yours sincerely,
    Aston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dallas,
    I just loved the thrill of reading your story. There is to much to write and to little space to write it in..... so can I tell it to you in these words?
    AWESOME WRITING!! It is good that you did not add a painted picture... you did it in your own words!
    Yours sincerely,
    Aston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dillan,
    I love love love your writing!!
    Did you really do all this?.... it is so hard to know or not because it is so good!
    Yours sincerely,
    Aston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Aston, actually Mrs Leydon helped me with, pushed my way out of their Deadly grip

      Delete
  8. Hi Ethan,
    You really re a great hook writer!! You will definitely be better than Roald Dahl if you keep it up! The verbs, sentence starters, wow words, even use of punctuation is always at top mark in your stories.
    How did you get to be so good?
    Yours sincerely,
    Aston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pod 7. I have thoroughly enjoyed your writing about the brave iguana. What a lucky guy he is to escape the snakes. Without having watched the clip, you have really brought the action to life with your descriptions. I am inspired now to share the movie clip and your writing with my literacy group. We would love to share our responses with you if you are keen. Thank you for making my day! Karen Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Te Puke Primary School, and Ms Scott. We would love to be able to share your responses to the Iguana vs Snakes video clip. We are learning how to give feedback to others about their writing, so it would be very good practice for us. Regards from Mrs Leydon and Pod 7

      Delete